All Church Prayer & Fasting
Our goal for our All Church prayer and fasting is to spend 10 days to draw closer to God and seek Him first, together. The blessing, insights, and revelations you will receive during the time can be life changing to us individually and our church at large. When planning to fast, it’s important to know your body. We recommend praying to see what the Holy Spirit would have you do and make a plan BEFORE you start. You can choose one fast, or do a combination of fasts over the days.
Sign up to join us for All Church Prayer & Fasting
January 15th - 24th
When you sign up you'll receive daily emails and invites to daily online prayer gatherings. You can also join us daily on Instagram as we go live for worship, devotionals and more.
Types of Fasts
Removing something (non-food related) from your daily life such as social media or TV. This is a particularly great option if giving up anything food related is not currently a healthy choice for you. If you are pregnant, undergoing physical treatment or are currently struggling in your relationship with food, we highly recommend this option to you. We want fasting to be a positive experience for everyone which results in people feeling more connected to God, rather than triggering negative thought patterns or behaviors.
In this type of fast, you drink only liquid (usually water) with light juices or broth as an option.
This involves removing certain elements from your diet. For example, you may want to eliminate coffee, a favorite food, or a combination of things as you feel led. Another option would be skipping only one meal of the day and spend that time praying, instead.
Sometimes referred to as a “Jewish Fast” this involves fasting from sunrise to sunset (OR a set time such as 6am-4pm) by abstaining from food during the day and only drinking water while the sun is up.
A very popular fast, learned from a powerful and Godly man who influenced Babylon and took a time “to eat no pleasant food.” Daniel 10:3 This includes removing all meats, sweets, dairy, oils, and breads from your diet and eating only fruits, vegetables, and possibly some ancient grains.
Why Should I Fast?
- Are you in need of healing or a miracle?
- Do you need the tender touch of God in your life?
- Is there a dream inside you that only He can make possible?
- Are you in need of a fresh encounter?
- Do you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
- Are you ready to have heightened sensitivity to the desires of God?
- Do you need to break away from bondages that have been holding you hostage?
- Is there a friend or loved one that needs Salvation?
- Do you desire to know God’s will for your life?
- Podcast by John and Lisa Bevere
- Charisma Magazine Article
- Bill Johnson Sermon: Fasting, Angles and Breakthrough
- Lifeway Article
- Elijah list article by James Goll
- Chris Hodges Sermon: Prayer and Fasting
- Favor Series by Graham Cooke
Online Resources Specifically for Families or Kids